*
*
*
*
  


This is an adult weblog containing material dealing with love, sexuality and alternative lifestyles (particularly BDSM, dominance & submission). If it's not legal where you live for you to be here (you're under 18, etc.) leave now. If you're offended by this sort of thing, then don't read it and don't comment on it.

about

the journey of a Dominant as he and his submissive learn, grow and build a life together:
their love... their passion... their laughter and tears.

anyone here?


recent posts

contact

johns_journey
at
yahoo dot com

archives

syndication

listed

important

credits

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

little lessons

There's a overworked cliche: "out of the mouths of babes," ususally followed by "comes wisdom," or some such hackneyed phrase. I think it's paraphrased from scripture somewhere. But the gist is that one can sometimes learn from unexpected sources.

I have a new variation: "from the bottoms of bottoms".

I constantly learn things from L. Not that I regard myself as some kind of near-omniscient Dom. Learning has been a lifelong joy for me, and I hope it always will be. As John Archibald Wheeler said, "We live on an island surrounded by a sea of ignorance. As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance."

And it shouldn't surprise me that I can learn from her. The girl's intelligence is one of the first things that caught my attention, followed shortly thereafter by the realization that she has the most beautiful eyes on the planet.

I love to play. In years past, part of the enjoyment has been dragging out the BIG toybag. I enjoy a lot of variety in play, which often means I'll employ a half-dozen different floggers plus others tools and toys.

Lately, though, she's helped me learn the pure joy of more "minimalist" play... a simple barehanded spanking, or using just a cane.

No big production. No ten minute unpacking, no twenty minute repacking of the bag. No need to schedule days in advance the hour or two (or more) that I'd ideally like to spend.

Just a golden "moment," doing something I relish doing to her yeilding flesh. For her: my attention, my pain and my love. For me: an opportunity to express who and what I am, a chance to savor her submission, time to strengthen our bond.

The lesson? Simple pleasures may not necessarily always be the best, but they can be VERY damn good!

posted by John | 8:43 PM [permalink]

WORTH READING

in alpha order within categories

By Dominants

By Submissives

Collaborative Blogs

Lifestyle Miscellaneous

Sexuality Miscellaneous

        this work is licensed under a Creative Commons License       Site Meter