*
*
*
*
  


This is an adult weblog containing material dealing with love, sexuality and alternative lifestyles (particularly BDSM, dominance & submission). If it's not legal where you live for you to be here (you're under 18, etc.) leave now. If you're offended by this sort of thing, then don't read it and don't comment on it.

about

the journey of a Dominant as he and his submissive learn, grow and build a life together:
their love... their passion... their laughter and tears.

anyone here?


recent posts

contact

johns_journey
at
yahoo dot com

archives

syndication

listed

important

credits

Monday, July 19, 2004

refocusing

I began this weblog initially to have a place where I could share interesting odds and ends I found elsewhere on the net (particularly in other blogs) dealing with things central to my personal life... especially things relating to BDSM, D/s relationships, polyamory, and occasionally good ol’ fashioned kinky sex. Before long, though, I was posting more about what was going on in my own life. About that time, I discovered a new-ish weblog host, Indecent Blogging, which was much smaller and seemed more "kink-friendly" than the vast Blogger/Blogspot world. I created a weblog of my own there, in which I’ve been writing regularly. It’s been fun for the most part. The little community there has been very friendly and accepting.
 
The longer I write there, though, and especially the more other weblogs I read there, the more I’m seeing the place as primarily a home for mostly fairly vanilla "sex blogs," and that’s not what I’m trying to do. I’ve made enough friends there, that I expect I’ll continue to be involved there. If for no other reason than to hopefully provide a reasonably decent example to those wonderfully sex-obsessed folk there of someone who’s involved in the BDSM lifestyle who’s not so terribly different from them in many ways.

I’ve decided to return to this place, to brush away the accumulated dust and do a little other "housekeeping" (maybe a new template soon). My intention is to use this venue for doing what will hopefully be a little more serious writing about D/s relationships in general and particularly about the one I’m in. As time permits I discover more and more truly excellent journals being written by other dominants, by submissives and by couples. If there was a way I could earn a living doing nothing but reading these. I know that regularly I’m going to be finding things that I will feel compelled to share.

So this blog will still be a bit of a hodgepodge: a bit of thinking out-loud, a bit of relating personal experiences, a bit of sharing things I read elsewhere that are just too good not to share. I have no idea if anyone will read here or not. I kind of hope so, but this is something I’m undertaking very much for me.

posted by John | 8:19 PM [permalink]

WORTH READING

in alpha order within categories

By Dominants

By Submissives

Collaborative Blogs

Lifestyle Miscellaneous

Sexuality Miscellaneous

        this work is licensed under a Creative Commons License       Site Meter