*
*
*
*
  


This is an adult weblog containing material dealing with love, sexuality and alternative lifestyles (particularly BDSM, dominance & submission). If it's not legal where you live for you to be here (you're under 18, etc.) leave now. If you're offended by this sort of thing, then don't read it and don't comment on it.

about

the journey of a Dominant as he and his submissive learn, grow and build a life together:
their love... their passion... their laughter and tears.

anyone here?


recent posts

contact

johns_journey
at
yahoo dot com

archives

syndication

listed

important

credits

Monday, August 02, 2004

filling a void?

Over the last couple of months, I've looked at a LOT of weblogs that have a D/s "theme." There are hundreds of them out there, scores of really excellent ones. The handfull which I try to read frequently are listed in the right hand column here. Certainly there are many more I enjoy, but my criteria for picking the ones to which I link is that they are reasonably regularly updated and that the writing speaks to me, personally.

One thing I have noticed in my searching, though, is that there seems to be a relative shortage of blogs written by dominants... male dominants in particular. I continue to wonder why that is. Are Doms more focused on acting rather than writing? Surely it doesn't mean that Doms are less capable of contemplative reflection upon the important things in their lives. Surely it doesn't imply that they're ill-equipped to communicate. Maybe they're collectively just too busy. I know it's difficult still for me to make the time to write here, even though when I do it's an enjoyable and beneficial experience.

I have no illusions that what I write here is of any great importance to anyone other than me, and perhaps L. But there's kind of a good feeling in the knowledge that this modest effort is one small step on my part toward filling somewhat this apparent void.

posted by John | 8:20 AM [permalink]

WORTH READING

in alpha order within categories

By Dominants

By Submissives

Collaborative Blogs

Lifestyle Miscellaneous

Sexuality Miscellaneous

        this work is licensed under a Creative Commons License       Site Meter